1) Postdoctoral position in ecological monitoring and assessment using genomic tools is available at the Palumbi Lab at Stanford’s Hopkins Marine Station. The position is for one year with possible renewal for an additional year and is open as of 1 April 2017. Please send CV and names of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Two postdoctoral positions available to start by Fall of 2017 in the laboratory of Drs. Richard Connon and Nann Fangue. The foci include using transcriptomic tools and eDNA isolation/analysis to study Chinook salmon thermal stress and disease resistance and to evaluate the impact of pyrethroid pesticide exposures on egg-embryo development resulting via parental and early life stage aqueous exposures. Please see the flier for more details.
3) MS or PhD graduate assistant position available in the Saillant Laboratory to work on population genetics/genomics of reef fishes exploited in the Gulf of Mexico region. Position to start Fall of 2017. Email Eric Saillant at email@example.com for details.
4) MS position studying cisco genomics in the Larson Lab at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP). Application due date is 1 April 2017. Position will start in September 2017 but there may be an opportunity to work during summer 2017. See flier for details.
5) Four PhD or MSc positions available at three Canadian universities (Concordia, Université du Québec à Montreal, and Calgary) on the gene-to-ecosystem consequences of fisheries-induced evolution. Project start date is May 2017. See flier for details.
6) PhD or MSc position available at Concordia University, Montreal, QC, on the the dynamics of small, persisting populations. Project start date is May 2017. See flier for details.
See our latest newsletter for a list of these and other opportunities.
If you have a job or opportunity you would like posted to the Genetics Section website, contact us.